Wednesday 30 October 2013

Halloween Swap With Tried and Tested

Hey guys,

A while ago Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty organized a swap where bloggers who were interested had to express their interest and she then paired everyone up. We were allowed to choose if we wanted to swap with a person from the same country or another country. I chose to swap with someone in Australia as this is my first swap. I was paired with the blogger Tried and Tested who is from Sydney.
We then gave each other a list of our current products, likes dislikes, allergies, colours etc. Based on the answers provided and tweeting each other back and forth we started shopping for each other. 
About two weeks ago we sent out our packages to each other. I was really surprised to receive this huge box filled with some awesome goodies. You can see what I sent her here.



Everything was bubble wrapped and packaged neatly so that nothing broke. Look how cutely she has packed everything. I totally forgot and did not include any item remotely Halloweenish. 

The first thing I could see is this huge pumpkin filled with candies. She also sent me the cosmic ghost drop candies. I don't eat candies but my husband loves them!!!





These skittles candles she sent me smell divine. I love raspberries so the blue one sits in my room. I have placed the orange in the lounge. Love the smell!!


I had given her a wish list and these two items topped the list. The Chi Chi Rich Gems palette and Chi Chi creamy matte liquid lipstick in Wild Child. Love them both! Can't wait to try some looks with the palette.


I did tell her I love wearing false lashes so she sent me these two. I have tried the Ardell lashes but I have never tried lashes from Red Cherry so these will be fun to try out.


These were random products so I put them in a pic together. I got a Rosewater infused handcream, Yu-Be lip balm, Napoleon Perdis loose dust eyeshadow duo, Sally Hansen nail buffer and a POP Beauty loose eyeshadow. I have never tried any of these products so it will be interesting to see how they go.


Next up she sent me lip liners from Rimmel, Essence and Innoxa. The Essence lip liners I use already and love them so these will be a back up but I have never tried these Rimmel lip liners and Innoxa lip liner.


Eyeshadows Galore!! L'oreal quad, Bloom Duos, Australis quad and a Maybelline cream eyeshadow trio. I did tell her I love experimenting with colour so she sent me different varieties.


 The lipsticks I received were Natio Flutter- I already own this, got it in a Priceline beauty bag. Rimmel Drop of Sherry- Beautiful rose, Rimmel 19- One of my everyday lipsticks so great to have a backup of that and the last one is Rimmel Heather Shimmer- Lovely everyday colour.


You can never have too many baby lips!!! :) :) also I have never tried this L'oreal blush, so again it will be interesting to see how that works for me.


I would have to be blind to never notice these pencils from Essence. I thought they were limited edition or something when I received them but no, they are permanent. I have used the Essence Kajal liners before but not these long lasting pencils. I swatched them and they are super creamy. Not sure how they last because I still need to put them to test. 



I am most excited to use these eyeshadows from Medusa's Makeup. It came with a primer too!! Super glittery *Excitement!!!!*


I honestly love everything she sent me and I can't wait to use everything. I did do some swatching but haven't been able to use everything properly. I really wanted to thank Jasmine for taking the initiative and doing all the hard work to make this halloween swap a success. Without her I would not have met this lovely blogger under the name Tried and Tested. 

Have you tried any of the products mentioned above? What do you think of them?? Let me know in the comments below. 





11 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you love all the items I sent you! I was really nervous when I was purchasing the products, wondering if you would like them or not! I tried to send you a range of items from your wishlist and likes to some new exciting products, hopefully you love some of the products as much as I do, I sent you some of my favourite items :)

    Thank you so much for such an amazing swap, I loved every single item you sent me and so grateful to have been paired with you for the swap! I've definitely made a new friend in you!

    Massive thank you to Jasmine for an amazing Halloween swap idea as she made this possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was real fun shopping for you too! I honestly loved everything you sent me!! I am glad to have met you. Hope to do a lot more swapping ;)

      Delete
  2. The products look great, lovely to see such a happy swap! :)

    I haven't tried (or heard of, to be honest) Medusa's Makeup so I'd love to hear what you think of it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nalini!! I checked their website and it looks like a fun brand. Will test these out and let you know. :)

      Delete
  3. Awww so happy you both had a successful swap! And whoa, I wonder what your price limit was, it looks like she got you so much! Thanks so much for taking part Reshma, it would not have been a success without lovely bloggers like yourself! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We set it at $150 but we did go overboard! ;-P Anyways, We had fun and thats what matters :) Thank you so much Jasmine!

      Delete
  4. Amazingly gorgeous swap!! Everything looks so interesting :) You're gunna have a ball playing with all your new makeup.
    I'm drooling over the essence long lasting pencils. I love them too bits! They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't wait to start playing!

      Delete
  5. The Essence pencils are amazing. I use the black one as my daily waterline colour and they do last all day. I've also gotten compliments wearing the purple one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Will definitely put them to test!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These looks so amazing! I'm sure you will have fun with those Medusa's makeup. I have always wanted to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete